There are several ways homeowners can save on their Louisiana home insurance policy, and we’re here to help!
One of the biggest investments we make in our lifetime is purchasing a home. It’s the center of our lives, and that’s why we go above and beyond to protect it. As many homeowners know, protecting your home doesn’t always come at a low price.
Here at Guffey Insurance Agency, Inc. we want to make sure you are living comfortably and are well protected every day. We understand that the cost of insurance policies may be hard to swallow, so we’re here to lend a hand.
Below are seven tips that can help lower the cost your homeowners insurance in Louisiana:
- Look for Discounts. Many insurance carriers offer discounts. Some popular discounts include multi-policy discounts, senior citizen discounts, or marital status discounts. Some of these discounts may lower your costs up to 10 percent. Ask the agents at Guffey Insurance Agency to package your Auto, Home, Umbrella, and Flood policies together with the same carrier to ensure the highest possible discounts on all of your policies.
- Raise Your Deductible. Just like most other insurance policies, a higher deductible equals lower annual premiums. However, be sure not to set your deductible too high. You want to be able to afford the out-of-pocket costs if disaster strikes.
- Maintain Good Credit. Insurance agencies often use credit based insurance scores in order to determine your premiums. It’s important to maintain good credit so your premiums can be determined fairly.
- Buy From the Same Insurer. Sometimes when you buy multiple insurance policies from the same agency, it actually turns out to be cheaper than buying them through different carriers. Make sure to look into your carrier’s multi-policy prices before shopping around.
- Home Security. Many insurance companies will reduce your premiums if you install a security alarm. Before purchasing a security system make sure to talk to your agent to see how much the system will cost and how much you will end up saving on your premiums.
- Shop Around. Prices change every year. Just because you received a great deal on your homeowners insurance a year ago doesn’t mean it will stay a great deal forever. Don’t be afraid to shop around for better pricing and deals for your homeowners insurance policy. An independent insurance agent who represents several insurance carriers like Guffey Insurance Agency can help with this.
- Hurricane Proof Your Home. Our last post included information about Louisiana’s hurricane deductibles, and how important hurricane protection is for homeowners in the Louisiana. We are much more susceptible to hurricane related damages here than in some other parts of the country, so our homes should be well protected at all times. Hurricane proofing your home should be at the top of your list when it comes to saving on homeowners insurance. It’s better to protect your home before damages occur.
We’re Here To Help
Guffey Insurance Agency is here to help you find the best homeowners insurance plan for you and your family. We’re independently owned and operated in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. For over 40 years we have been providing the most affordable insurance policies to our community.
We value all our client’s homeowners insurance needs in all of Louisiana, including: Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Central, Zachary, and Prairieville.