Every insurance agency is different. But with an independent agent, you have options.
Before we dive into the benefits of working with an independent insurance agent, it’s important to understand the difference between a captive agent and an independent agent.
A captive agent generally works exclusively for one insurance carrier, and they are only allowed to provide insurance quotes for that one specific company.
An independent agent is the exact opposite of a captive agent. They typically work with multiple insurance carriers in order to find their client the best policy available.
Why an Independent Agent?
Here in Louisiana, it can be tough to find an affordable insurance policy that fits your needs and your lifestyle.
Independent agencies are all about flexibility. They offer a different and much more personal experience.
Here are some advantages of working with an independent agent:
- They offer personalized and knowledgeable advice for your specific insurance needs in your community or state
- They work for you when you have a claim
- They prepare competitive quotes from other competing insurance agencies so you can compare and choose the best combination for you
- They are value hunters, finding you the ideal combination of price, coverage, and service
- They offer one stop shopping for all your insurance needs
- They are licensed professionals who have strong community ties
Want to Work With an Independent Agent?
Guffey Insurance Agency is independently owned and operated in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. For over 30 years we have been providing the most affordable insurance policies to our community.
We value every client’s personal and commercial insurance needs in all of Louisiana, including: Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Central, Zachary, and Prairieville.